• Steel with a Minimum yield strength 280 N/mm².
• Beams are assumed to be simply supported.
• Load and deflection are calculated using a safety factor of 1.6 and an allowable stress of 175 N/mm².
• Results given are for Pre-galvanised steel
• Beam loads are calculated from the column face and effective length in BS5950.
• The tables show:
1. The max safe working load,
2. the load to give 1-200 deflection,
3. load to give 1-360 deflection – the deflection
used will depend on the installation designer.
• This also applies to Point and UDL loads