• Connects a remote call station to the SemSound network via CAT 5 cable (up to 1 km)
• Powered by the SemSound network and/or local power supply
• Two supervised control inputs
• Built in DSP for audio processing functions
• Complete supervision of the unit
The Call Station Interface is an interface between a single remote call station, Remote Call Station, or a remote call station kit, and the fiber optical SemSound network. It uses CAT-5 cable for the connection to the remote call station. The CAT‑5 cable, carrying digital audio and control data, can be as long as 1 km. The length of the CAT‑5 cable is not a part of the SemSound optical network length. This considerably increases the overall possible length of the optical network, especially in cases, where the call station is located far from the rest of the system.
The call station interface can get its power from the SemSound network, and/or from a local power supply. It is fully supervised.